Meet up with fellow former Columbia band members at Homecoming 2018 vs Dartmouth! This is a great time to get an update on recent developments with the marching band and learn how you can support current students.
11:00 am – 1:00 pm
We have a table reserved for the lunch but you will need to purchase tickets.
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Hang out with alumni and the band in the stands! Bring your instrument and join CUMB on the field for pre-game and halftime.
If you need game tickets, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kickoff is at 1:30 pm.
Columbia Reunion 2018 is almost here. But whether or not you’re in a Reunion class (the 3s and the 8s), you’re invited to join alumni of Columbia’s Marching Band, Concert Band, Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band as we get together on campus. You don’t have to register; just show up. We’d love to see you.
When: Saturday, June 2
Where: Main floor lounge, Wallach (neé Livingston) Hall (between Hartley and John Jay)
What time: 2 to 5 pm. (In fact, we’ll be there all day, 9 to 6, if you just want a place to rest, recharge yourself and your phone, and hang out with others of the Band/Ensemble persuasion.)
Cost: Absolutely nothing (light refreshments included)
Sponsored by: Paul Bua, CC ’93 (former drum major) and CUBAA
* Note: Reunion literature lists an official “Performing Arts Groups Reception” in Lerner Hall. That’s mainly for alumni singers; ours is for instrumentalists.
Making a Gift?
If you are a member of a reunion class, you can expect to be unsubtly solicited for a donation. Steel yourself. Perhaps you wish to join alumni who are protesting the eviction of the traditional Orgo Night celebration from Butler Library by withholding donations to Columbia until a resolution is achieved. In the meantime, you can always donate to us (http://columbiabandalumni.org/support/), to help keep the Band Alumni Association thriving; we’re a 501(c)(3). We’ll be thrilled.
Hope to see you on June 2.
Homecoming is coming! So you’re invited to join alumni of Columbia’s Marching Band, Concert Band, Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band for our fall get-together. The plan is a little different this year:
- When: Saturday morning, October 14!
- Where: Columbia Alumni Center, 622 West 113th Street
- What: We’ll gather for an hour or so starting at 9:30 a.m. (free coffee and snacks), then ride a complimentary “spirit bus” up to Baker Athletics Complex (singing optional) for mingling with the general alumni population, lunch and the game against Penn. Former Spirit Managers will be needed to help lead songs on the bus!
- Bring: Your instrument if you like (let us know if you want to join the Band for pre-game rehearsal, or if you’d like us to email you sheet music so you can practice to play “Roar, Lion” in the stands)
Starting the Year Off Right
The Marching Band had a pre-season gig on West 39th Street, playing for a hot young designer as part of New York Fashion Week. As football season gets underway, the group had an unusually successful recruiting effort, with especially strong percussion and lower brass turnout. The Wind Ensemble, meanwhile, is looking to a November 19 concert on campus, for which they’re getting set to dig into a repertoire that’s decidedly 21st-century but with a much older crowd-pleaser as a likely encore: Lassus Trombone (1915) by Henry Fillmore.
Planning a Gift?
Alumni unhappy that the Columbia administration continues to prevent the Band from playing Orgo Night in Butler Library have asked if they can make their annual tax-deductible donation to us instead of to their school as a protest statement. The answer: Yes, you can.
Come see us on October 14!